Collaborates closely with the president in the administration of the ongoing activities of the association using the initiatives of the strategic plan as the framework.
Nominations are oipen click here for more information.
- Minimum of 2 years of AANN Board experience
- Demonstrates leadership ability on a national level
- Previous leadership activities in AANN not only including board experience but also committee, task force, or special focus group activities
- Good organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leadership activities and previous board experience
- Works closely with the president to gain an understanding of the presidential role and responsibilities
- Assists the president with project management
- Assists and supports as needed in planning the annual meeting with the national office and appropriate board member(s)
- Prepares slate of appointments for committee chairs, special focus group chair and facilitators, and other liaisons to take office at the Annual Meeting
- Reviews the bylaws and policy and procedure manual bi-annually and makes recommendations for proposed changes to the board
- Conducts the orientation of incoming new board members prior to the annual board meeting
- Reviews, revises, and maintains the Policy and Procedure Manual
- Assists with projects/initiatives as leader or member, as requested by the president
- Assumes the role of president in accordance with the association bylaws
- Estimated time commitment includes weekdays and weekends
- Board Meetings: Approximately three board meetings held via conference call per year and three face-to-face meetings annually. In preparation for each meeting (face-to-face or conference call) members are expected to review all materials.
- Participates in conference calls with the President and national office as needed
- Travel: Approximately 12 days per year including annual educational meeting 2 Nursing Organizations Alliance meetings, and face-to-face board meetings 3 times per year