Collaborates closely with the president in the administration of the ongoing activities of the association using the initiatives of the strategic plan as the framework.
Nominations are closed for 2018.
- Minimum of 2 years of AANN Board experience
- Demonstrates leadership ability on a national level
- Previous leadership activities in AANN not only including board experience but also committee, task force, or special focus group activities
- Good organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leadership activities and previous board experience
- Works closely with the president to gain an understanding of the presidential role and responsibilities
- Assists the president with project management
- Assists and supports as needed in planning the annual meeting with the national office and appropriate board member(s)
- Prepares slate of appointments for committee chairs, special focus group chair and facilitators, and other liaisons to take office at the Annual Meeting
- Reviews the bylaws and policy and procedure manual bi-annually and makes recommendations for proposed changes to the board
- Conducts the orientation of incoming new board members prior to the annual board meeting
- Reviews, revises, and maintains the Policy and Procedure Manual
- Assists with projects/initiatives as leader or member, as requested by the president
- Assumes the role of president in accordance with the association bylaws
- Estimated time commitment includes weekdays and weekends
- Board Meetings: Approximately three board meetings held via conference call per year and three face-to-face meetings annually. In preparation for each meeting (face-to-face or conference call) members are expected to review all materials.
- Participates in conference calls with the President and national office as needed
- Travel: Approximately 12 days per year including annual educational meeting 2 Nursing Organizations Alliance meetings, and face-to-face board meetings 3 times per year