Special Focus Groups and Forums
The AANN special focus groups (SFG) are consistently ranked one of the top membership benefits.
AANN members get free access to the SFG communities on the AANN NeuroNetwork. Each SFG has its own community used for communication, networking, and sharing resources among its members.
There are seven SFGs within AANN:
Neuromuscular and Movement Disorders/MS
The SFG title is used for groups that meet in person each year at the Annual Meeting. The Forum title is used to describe online-only networking groups. AANN has three member forums to join:
Advanced Practice Nurse (APN)
New to Neuro
Network in Person
Each year at the AANN Annual Meeting, SFG members have an opportunity to meet and network face-to-face during SFG sessions. Register for the Annual Meeting and an SFG session today!
Join an SFG Community or Forum
Tips for Posting
What is Appropriate to Post?
The types of messages that are acceptable to post on the NeuroNetwork include general questions, job descriptions, AANN sponsored activities, sharing of resources, and requests for information assistance, best practices, and policies.
What Should I Not Post?
The NeuroNetwork should not be used for job searches or to post open positions, newsletter distribution, surveys, press releases, non-AANN product promotions, or meeting announcements. If you are interested in posting a position opening, please consider the Career Center or contact the AANN office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888.557.2266. If you are interested in posting a meeting announcement, please consider an AANN calendar posting.
You can change the email to where the NeuroNetwork notification messages are sent under Profile > My Account > Community Notifications.
Please keep in mind the following guidelines when using the NeuroNetwork:
- Be courteous and respectful of others.
- Submissions should be crafted with appropriate language. Be informative, polite, and professional.
- The NeuroNetwork should not be used for commercial purposes or to advance the business or financial interests of any person or entity not affiliated with AANN. Communications that advertise events, products, or services or that directly solicit members to purchase products or services are prohibited.
- AANN accepts no responsibility for the content of the postings on the SFG communities. The content of all postings is solely the responsibility of the authors.
- Practice caution when replying to the discussion. There is an option to respond to the entire thread or directly to the author. If you would like to send a response to the author, you will need to select that you would like to reply to sender.
- Please participate! Your ideas are important. Just because you think everyone knows something doesn't mean they do.
- Please contact AANN at email@example.com with any questions or to change which communities to which you belong.
We hope you enjoy this networking opportunity and find it a worthwhile benefit of membership in AANN.