2020 Virtual Stroke Conference Registration is Now Open
The Advances in Stroke Care Conference will be held virtually. View the registration page for registration rates and more information.
If you registered for the in-person conference, please email email@example.com to change your registration to the virtual option or to request a refund. If you booked a hotel room at the Omni Louisville, your reservation has been cancelled on your behalf. If you would like to rook the room, please contact the Omni directly.
Get relevant stroke nursing education for you and your team.
Building on the success of the sold-out stroke conferences from 2015 - 2019, the American Association of Neuroscience Nurses (AANN) continues to bring you even more stroke education. You will not want to miss this event! The 2020 Advances in Stroke Care Conference will be held Thursday, August 20 – Saturday, August 22, 2020, virtually.
Earn 33.75* CE with robust and virtual stroke education!
If you are involved in the care of stroke patients—whether you are an advanced practice nurse, a stroke coordinator or administrator, a critical care neuroscience nurse, a nurse new to stroke care, or someone preparing for the Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN) examination—this conference will help you achieve your educational goals. The Stroke Conference will cover topics such as quality, program management, clinical practice, and much more. Register today so you don't miss the opportunity to hear from dynamic speakers and earn CE!
*Includes all conference CE and posters
Stay After the Stroke Conference for the Virtual Research Symposium
Saturday, August 22–Sunday, August 23, 2020
Additional $125 fee applies
The International Neuroscience Nursing Research Symposium (INNRS) addresses neuroscience nursing research across the continuum of scientific inquiry: bench/basic research, translation research, planned clinical trials, works in progress, and completed studies. In this fast-paced meeting you will hear from over 30 world leaders in neuroscience nursing research. If you conduct, carry-out, or care for patients in, neuroscience research studies, you will be engaged and inspired by attending this conference. Earn CE! Learn more and register for the Research Symposium.
Group Registration: Register 5 Nurses, Get 1 Free
In order to help your institution take advantage of the caliber of education available to your staff at the Stroke Conference, special group registration discounts and promotions are available. Register 5 nurses, earn 1 free registration.
The Premier Conference for Stroke Nursing Education
By attending the Stroke Conference you can
- earn up to 33.75* continuing education hours
- listen to captivating featured speakers
- attend educational sessions directed at your interest and level of practice
- connect with exhibitors to learn about new products and programs
What your stroke nursing peers had to say about the stroke conference:
"I can use the knowledge gained here to educate other members of the team to promote change in our care."
"Attending this conference will help me provide the optimum and most appropriate care for my stroke patients."
"After attending the stroke conference, I have a renewed passion and will use this knowledge in the future to provide better patient care."
"The program was packed full of useful information!"
"The content of this program was hugely relevant to my daily practice."
- Recognize the essential nursing skills for the care and management of stroke patients throughout the continuum of care.
- Describe the current guidelines directing stroke treatment options, criteria for treatment, and risks and benefits of treatment.
- Discuss stroke risk factors, primary and secondary prevention strategies, etiology of stroke and diagnostic testing available for patients in both the hospital and community setting.
- Discuss the different pathologies of cerebrovascular disease that are a risk and etiology of stroke in the adult population.
- Describe the different roles of the multidisciplinary team across the continuum that cares for the stroke patient population and discuss the influence each has on stroke patient outcomes.
Exhibit at AANN's Advances in Stroke Care Conference
Learn more about exhibiting at the Stroke Conference