Annual Educational Meeting Registration and Continuing Education Credits
Registration for the 2017 AANN Annual Meeting will open in November 2016. Register before February 7, 2017 to save $100.
See below for 2016 AANN Continuing Education credits.
Why You Should Attend
The AANN Annual Educational Meeting focuses on helping neuroscience nurses build competencies for professional development. This annual event brings together nearly 1,000 of your colleagues to share best practices to advance the specialty and improve patient care.
"This conference opened my eyes to the power of nurses as researchers and to what a difference we can make in both our patients’ lives and within the field of nursing.”
—past Annual Educational Meeting attendee
Group Registration Discount: Register 5 nurses, get 1 FREE
In order to help your institution take advantage of the caliber of education available to your staff at the Annual Meeting, special group registration discounts and promotions are available. Register 5 nurses, earn 1 free registration.
Here's how to register for the group discount.
1. Each registrant must complete an individual registration form.
2. All registrations must be mailed in a single envelope. Please mail to the address on the enclosed registration form.
3. Members of AANN may register at member rate.*
4. Interested nurses may take advantage of the join and register opportunity which provides one year of membership including registering at the member rate. (This is the best value, as join and register essentially includes a free year of AANN membership in the fee). The non-member full conference rate is the same as the join and register rate.
5. Send payment only for 5 registrants. The 6th is free. (For large staffs, every 5 registrations gets 1 free).
6. Send in the registration before February 7th to receive early bird pricing (a $100 savings).
Continuing Education Credit
AANN is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
The American Association of Neuroscience Nurses is accredited as a provider of continuing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP:13331)
Be aware of your own state board of nursing's continuing education requirements, especially if you live in a state where continuing education is mandatory. Attendees can earn 1 nursing contact hour for every 60 minutes of educational content by attending at least 90% of the session and completing and submitting evaluation forms within 30 days after the conference ends. The total number of contact hours that can be earned are as follows:
Preconference and Postconference Workshops
8 contact hours for an 8-hour preconference or postconference workshop
4 contact hours for a 4-hour preconference or postconference workshop
2 contact hours for a 2-hour preconference or postconference workshop
11.25 contact hours for evaluating 75 posters (each poster evaluation is worth 0.15 contact hours)
14 contact hours for the entire conference (excluding posters, preconference sessions, and keynote and special lectures)
2.25 contact hours total for the Agnes M. Marshall Keynote Address and Special Lecture session.
All contact hours are subject to change ast the Annual Meeting approaches.