Starting an AANN Chapter
Organizing an AANN chapter is an important step toward developing and maintaining the professional skills necessary to meet the increasing demands of neuroscience nursing.
AANN recognizes that chapters are a crucial part of AANN's success and advancement. Download the Chapter Policies & Procedures to learn more.
- Chapter Name and Objectives
- Solicit Chapter Membership—post notices at facilities, do a mailing, contact drug and medical supply companies, send press releases. (AANN requires 100% dual membership between chapter membership and National)
- Elect an Executive Committee
- Develop and approve Chapter Bylaws—Sample Bylaws can be provided upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply for an Employer Identification Number with the IRS (a number that will be used to open a chapter bank account and for tax records)
- Open a Chapter Bank Account for chapter-related funds
Submit an Application
Fill out the chapter charter application and submit it to the AANN office with a copy of your bylaws, and initial membership list. The AANN Board of Directors will vote on your chapter charter. For additional information, visit the chapter leader resource center.