The Nominating Committee oversees the AANN annual election processes. Their objectives include recruiting candidates to ensure a strong ballot, presenting the ballot to the membership and maintaining the integrity of the election process.
Nominations for a position on the committee are currently being accepted through Friday, July 8, 2016, for the 2017-2018 board calendar year.
To prepare and submit a slate of officers, directors at large, and nominating committee members with at least two candidates for each position to the organization for election.
- The committee will be composed of four members, a chair, and a board advisor.
- Two members will be elected as part of the annual election process.
- Two members will be appointed by the incoming president-elect, in conjunction with the nominating committee chair, from the general membership prior to the annual meeting each year.
- Two year staggered terms.
- One elected and one appointed member will come on to the committee every year.
- May not serve consecutive terms.
- Members are expected to attend the Annual Meeting.
Member Responsibilities and Duties
- Committee members will recruit potential candidates by calling chapter presidents, SFG facilitators, committee chairs, and other members to encourage interest in running for board positions.
- Attendance at the Annual Meeting is required for the purpose of recruitment of candidates.
- Committee members will review each candidate application and participate in the candidate interview calls to select the slate of candidates.
- Committee members may also call the references of candidates, as directed by the chairperson, for additional information or clarification.