Spirit of Neuroscience Nursing Photo Contest
Each year AANN hosts a photo contest to which neuroscience nurses are invited to submit pictures of colleagues, patients, and families.
2021 Spirit of Neuroscience Nursing Photo Contest Criteria
Capture pictures of your colleagues, patients, and families to submit to the AANN Spirit of Neuroscience Nursing photo contest. Your photo will be displayed on AANN's Facebook page and during AANN's 53rd Annual Educational Meeting where members and attendees will vote for their favorite images. The member whose photo receives the most votes will win a complimentary conference registration to the AANN 54th Annual Educational Meeting in Phoenix, AZ.
- Photo should convey the spirit of neuroscience nursing.
- Submissions should be in electronic (JPEG, TIF, GIF) format.
- A short description of no more than 50 words (including all photo subjects' names and genders) must accompany each photo submission.
- A signed permission from each person (patient, family, or nurse) in each photo must accompany the submission.
- All submissions become property of AANN and will be widely shared throughout AANN media, including AANN Neuroscience News.
- One submission per person
- Send all submissions to email@example.com by Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
2020 Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations to Marvin Delfin for submitting the winning photo, “The Heart of a Fighter.” Marvin has won a free registration to the 53rd Annual Meeting.
Photo Caption: “This photo was taken a day after my mother had her brain tumor removed. Unfortunately, I was not there by her side because I worked overseas, however she asked a nurse to take a picture of her smiling with a “finger heart” to wipe my worries and fears away.”
*Consent for taking, publication, and use of this photograph is on file.