Acute Ischemic Stroke Treatment Webinar
The Acute Ischemic Stroke Treatment Webinar, co-presented by the American Association of Neuroscience Nurses (AANN), with expert speakers Jeffrey Saver, M.D., UCLA Health and Mary Amatangelo, N.P., Brigham and Women's Hospital is now available for online viewing HERE.
This webinar included key takeaways from the 2015 Focused Update of the 2013 Guidelines for the Early Management of Patients with Acute Ischemic Stroke and covered the following topics:
· IV tPA and endovascular therapy
· Patient eligibility
· Systems of care/fast track for transfer
· Protocol updates & educational initiatives
Concerned with CSF Overdrainage Increasing Patient Safety at the Bedside?
A webinar for sharing of best practice in managing CSF lumbar drains
- Based on the clinical rationale for lumbar CSF drainage, identify benefits and risks of therapy.
- Describe strategies for safety when providing care to patients with lumbar CSF drains.
- Discuss patient and family educational concepts to avoid complications of lumbar CSF Drainage.
Hosted by AANN & Integra
Presented by Karin Grant, MS RN CNRN ACNP-BC (Riverside Methodist Hospital)