Earn CE contact hours at AANN Amplify
Attendees can earn 4 CE contact hours* for attending the symposium and completing the evaluation. This symposium will not be recorded.
The American Association of Neuroscience Nurses is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
The American Association of Neuroscience Nurses is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP: 13331).
Successful completion: Participants must be registered for the conference and attend the sessions(s). Attendees can be awarded 1 CE contact hour for every 60 minutes of educational content they attend and evaluate. Participants must complete an overall conference evaluation to receive contact hours.
Symposium Learning Outcomes
As a result of this activity, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the essential nursing skills for the care and management of stroke patients throughout the continuum of care.
- Describe the current guidelines directing stroke treatment options, criteria for treatment, and risks and benefits of treatment.
- Discuss stroke risk factors, primary and secondary prevention strategies, etiology of stroke and diagnostic testing available for patients in both the hospital and community setting.
- Discuss the different pathologies of cerebrovascular disease that are a risk and etiology of stroke in the adult population.
- Describe the different roles of the multidisciplinary team across the continuum that cares for the stroke patient population and discuss the influence each has on stroke patient outcomes.
COI Disclosure Information
No relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies were identified for any individuals with the ability to control content of the activity.
*Note that if you purchase the bundle with the recordings from the 2023 Stroke Conference that you can earn an additional 5 CE contact hours for a total of 9 CE contact hours!