2022 Hybrid Stroke Conference
Get relevant stroke nursing education for you and your team.
The American Association of Neuroscience Nurses (AANN) Hybrid Advances in Stroke Care Conference will bring you more stroke education than ever before! You will not want to miss this event! The conference will be held Thursday, August 18 - Saturday, August 20, 2022 in Indianapolis, IN and online. View the brochure for more information.
The health and well-being of our conference attendees is our top priority. At this time, the Stroke Conference will be held as a hybrid event that can be attended in person in Indianapolis or virtually. All in-person attendees will be asked to review and agree to the Attendee Commitment to Safety Agreement and Waiver during the registration process.
Earn up to 24 CE* contact hours with robust and virtual stroke education!
If you are involved in the care of stroke patients—whether you are an advanced practice nurse, a stroke coordinator or administrator, a critical care neuroscience nurse, a nurse new to stroke care, or someone preparing for the Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN) examination—this conference will help you achieve your educational goals. The Stroke Conference will cover topics such as quality, program management, clinical practice, and much more. Register today so you don't miss the opportunity to hear from dynamic speakers and earn CE!
*Includes preconference sessions
Stay after the Stroke Conference for the Virtual Research Symposium
Saturday, August 20 - Sunday, August 21, 2022
Additional $150 fee applies
The International Neuroscience Nursing Research Symposium (INNRS) addresses neuroscience nursing research across the continuum of scientific inquiry: bench/basic research, translation research, planned clinical trials, works in progress, and completed studies. In this fast-paced meeting you will hear from over 30 world leaders in neuroscience nursing research. If you conduct, carry-out, or care for patients in, neuroscience research studies, you will be engaged and inspired by attending this conference. Earn CE! Learn more and register for the Research Symposium.
Group Registration: Groups of 5 or more save 20%
In order to help your institution take advantage of the caliber of education available to your staff at the Stroke Conference, special group registration discounts and promotions are available. When you register a group of five or more attendees from the same facility, you save 20%.
The premier conference for stroke nursing education
By attending the Stroke Conference you can
- earn up to 24 continuing education contact hours (includes preconference sessions)
- listen to captivating featured speakers
- attend educational sessions directed at your interest and level of practice
- connect with exhibitors to learn about new products and programs
What your stroke nursing peers had to say about the 2021 Stroke Conference:
- This was my 1st AANN conference. I'm grateful for the virtual experience of gaining knowledge from some excellent teachers/speakers willing to share their knowledge and expertise with others.
- I loved the virtual experience. It was easy to access and the content was fabulous.
- Recognize the essential nursing skills for the care and management of stroke patients throughout the continuum of care.
- Describe the current guidelines directing stroke treatment options, criteria for treatment, and risks and benefits of treatment.
- Discuss stroke risk factors, primary and secondary prevention strategies, etiology of stroke and diagnostic testing available for patients in both the hospital and community setting.
- Discuss the different pathologies of cerebrovascular disease that are a risk and etiology of stroke in the adult population.
- Describe the different roles of the multidisciplinary team across the continuum that cares for the stroke patient population and discuss the influence each has on stroke patient outcomes.
Apply for an Agnes Marshall Walker Foundation (AMWF) Grant
The Hybrid AANN Advances in Stroke Care Conference Grant is awarded to provide financial assistance to cover the registration fee to attend the in-person or virtual AANN Advances in Stroke Care Conference. Learn more and apply by Wednesday, May 25, 2022.
Exhibit at AANN's Advances in Stroke Care Conference
Learn more about exhibiting at the Stroke Conference.